Survived: 6 months of Internship + 5 months of Part-time

By syasandeul - 27 August

Annyeong! Here's my life update in the middle of the year. I mean it's August now, we're almost done with 2021. Well, it's been a tough year for us, isn't it? You know what? We ain't sure about what's coming - might be a lot more challenging huh? BUT OF COURSE, I pray that Allah will make things easy for us because He knows what's ahead of us and what is behind us (2:255, learn about ayatul kursi by Nouman Ali Khan here).

It was the third or fourth day of my first week of internship that I was asked to not come to office anymore because everyone was working from home & so we had too. Life started to feel about the same almost everyday because here's the list:

8.30am - attend daily meeting

8.30am - 1.00pm - usually get the work done within this time gap

2.30pm - attend meeting with supervisor (to update & present my project progress)

Bingo! That was my daily routine on the first few weeks of my internship. Let's be real: I felt pretty much excited on the first few weeks until life gets repetitive & I didn't get to go out much because it was lockdown & whatnots. I still get to go out though but it means just nearby area to buy groceries, food supplies and stuffs. Not much of having fun outside. Only having fun by doing things on the Internet: binge watching kdrama, movie series, blabla. I believe some of you are with me? Ke tak??? Please tell me I'm not alone. TT.

So.. one day I got myself getting a part-time job just to kill some time on the weekend & (YES OF COURSE) for getting myself pocket-money. It was like.. the only time that I can go out & socialize f2f haha. Sebab I worked as a service crew at that time so I had to talk to customers cam tu la. It was fun & challenging at the same time. The fun side is because the colleagues while the challenging side ada dua: 1) rude customers & 2) closing time. Not only that, the SOP that kept changing had also gave me headache because it affected my working hour and somehow my flexible time dah tak flexible sangat. Fyi, I just wanna write it here as a sharing experience for the readers on how the part-time works (cam tu la kot I guess?).

My routine scheduled changed after I got into the part-time & my sleeping pattern was not consistent - it wasn't healthy but I can cope with it so takpe I cam "I ken do diz" so I just go.. until the store ran out of staffs and I had to come in & replace this & that person - that was sumpah tiring cuz you kinda overwork. The moral story here: Please be nice to the staffs to any store you go because .. as they said "The world is short staffed. At least be nice to those that showed up." My schedule masa tu siang was about internship and malam was about part-time and weekend pun part-time but luckily sometime I still curi curi masa tengok kdrama. That was so important to me. Haha! (charging my fun-battery). Tapi my mental was draining jugak la tbh cuz I was super restless.

Ok I selit selit la ek the internship story dengan part-time. On the internship side, alhamdulillah I managed it well and I need to thank both of my supervisor and manager dekat part-time store where I work because they both are very understanding. I just explained to them my situation and I completed the project or tasks given to me on time and alhamdulillah all is well. Thank God. 

So maybe I can share with you guys some of the pictures I captured and leave them here for kenangan-purpose.

On the last day of internship which was today (27th August 2021)
Look at me being excited working with Web RTC!

With colleagues at the part-time store ~

Yesss, I made pizza hshshs

And here's a selfie of sakit kepala from me

and now I have to serabut thinking about moving out from here..

bye guys, have to start packing up, xo!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments