Aidilfitri Cov-Eid 2021

By syasandeul - 20 May

 Hey what's up guys? (read with KhairulAming's intonation) 

So harini I decided to blog about my second time of celebrating Hari Raya Aidilfitri in the midst of covid-19 and PKP and whatnots. The first one was absolutely in 2020 where I didn't have that much raya photos and I remember it was the year I probably wore 'Rosewood' theme that year.

..so Raya 2021 or the-so-called-Cov-Eid, I was stuck in the condo I'm currently renting near my university (for the sake of doing my internship) and there was no chance lah for me to go out and shop for baju raya. If there's chance pun, paling jauh boleh pi pun Queensbay mall. What kind of baju raya they sell there? There was a mini expo inside the mall selling baju raya and all but not too many options.. so nevermind lah I was likely almost 'redo' with the fact that I probably won't have baju raya. Turned out, my sister bought one for me and my lil sis. So she set up our raya theme this year which was: Powder Blue.

Here you go, the "ugh Malaysia so hot"-pose bahaha 


I considered myself lucky because I got to go back to hometown using the university letter with the approval from my internship company but the procedure was kinda..a headache.

Here's me and my lil sis (no she ain't taller, it's just the heels, don't get fooled :p)

What is raya without ketupat and rendang isn't? So the moment I sampai rumah tu, my mom was busy at the kitchen so I helped apa yang patut. Masa tu my mom dah siap masak rendang kerang. So masa I balik tu just buat rendang daging and balut ketupat palas.


We didn't go beraya anywhere except pakai baju raya for the sake of some ootds in front of the house. The second photo you guys see up there was actually photoshopped. I suruh adik I editkan sebab I malas. We wanted a nice background and couldn't go anywhere so gotta be creative.

I swear the first and second day of eid was me going to the kitchen back & forth. Asyik mengaut semua makanan yang ada dan berjaya naik 1kg but then the next day turun balik 1kg so I was happy to maintain my body weight haha.

My third syawal, baru buat rendang ayam and another batch of ketupat and that day I dah kena balik to my condo atas urusan kerja (ya, I travel dengan surat, otherwise tak boleh cross). So, like, I literally balik raya for 3 days and that's how my raya ends. Not really end cuz' now I still be looking for instant rendang to cook. Nak buat rendang traditional way but susah nak cari kerisik so I don't have many options.. just go for instant rendang and happy tummy! Cuma sedih la sikit, sebab kalau boleh nak buat rendang ikut resepi my mom kan.. I dah pergi beli semua ingredients except I tak jumpa kerisik je. Nak pergi pasar susah in that area so takpelah.

Enough of cov-eid year 2 please. Next year, semoga dapat raya dalam keadaan tak pkp lagi. Please!! You guys kalau keluar ada hal penting, please remind yourself and friends of SOP tau. Wear masks, wash hands and 1m distancing. Selain daripada doa, kita kena usaha juga untuk landaikan balik covid-19. Malaysia boleh. We've done that before. We will do it again


Inshaallah. Til next time, xo.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments